Friday, April 10, 2015

With family it's always a Dil ki Deal !!

Being a working professional ,It is some time very difficult to take a long leave and attend a family function.It become more difficult if the family function is happening in out station,some 2000 kms away from the city where I live in.This time it was a convocation for my brother who was passing out from IIM Bangalore,It was a very proud moment for each of us and we all family members wanted to take part in this beautiful ceremony and the proudest moment of my brother's life.

It was becoming very difficult for me to take leave and I know to attend this function in Bangalore I need at least 3 days of holidays ,1 for the dinner party invited to all guest on a Wednesday 25th March 2015 other was convocation on Friday, 27th march 2015.So it was basically at least 3 days of holidays I need to take to attend both and As I have lot of pressure in my work due to year closure etc.It was impossible for me to ask my Manager for this 3 days of holidays.so I kept mum and dropped my plan for this awesome time with my family.

The day passes in office and it was on 25th March I was feeling so confused and helpless about this .My mind was in office in Kolkata but my heart was in Bangalore .I wanted to attend this but now I couldn't and was not able to concentrate on my work.
The day passed and then I started feeling I should have gone.Work will be throughout and I need to balance my self,my professional life and my personnel life ,But it was just 26th March I have missed one function and one the major one where my brother will be certified with the IIM Bangalore Degree certificate was yet to come .I planned to go Bangalore now to attend this major event,.But this time my heart was not letting my mind to do things like it did earlier.
I planned for the trip and booked a flight ticket for Bangalore on 27th March 2015 morning. and believe me I could feel the happiness and joy ,when my brother saw me ,He felt so special and it boosted his confidence and he was in cloud nine at that time.

We all attended the awesome Convocation function and it was indeed a #DilKiDeal.
These are few of the snaps of the happening moment




I was so much motivated by the awesome speech of Dr Devi Shetty ,who was the chief guest for this convocation.



He is indeed a great man with vison for doing things for the masses and specially for the weaker section of the society.
This decision to attend this function was a decision of my heart which made my family happy and our bond with each other became more stronger.!!

Note :I am participating in the #DilKiDealOnSnapdealactivity at BlogAdda in association with SnapDeal.


No comments: